Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Adrenal Fatigue

Is it the missing link? :)


I just received an email from Dr. S - 3 of my 4 levels were below normal and the 4th was at the low end of normal.  He recommended the following: Cortef 5 mg, 1 tablet in AM, 1 just before lunch, and one near bedtime. He also recommended 2 books (what would I do without Ama.zon?!) Adre.nal Fatigue: the 21st century stress syndrome and The Cor.tisol Connection: why stre.ss makes you fat and rui.ns your health. I have to admit, I just started laughing when I read the subtitle of the second book. (Don't hate me please) but I've always been little -at times scrawny- except when I had all that water weight after my last surgery. Uhhhh.... Dr. S... I still haven't gained back what I lost after the surgeries! Honestly though, what is there about IF that isn't stressful? Could it be the TTC for almost 4 years? (I know many of you have been waiting much longer.) The monthly blood work? Making sure I identify my peak day so I can take drugs accordingly and get lab work drawn? Doctor's appointments every 3-4 months? Multiple surgeries? Sarcasm and humor intended there. :)


Part of me shudders at the irony of it all - I had my colon removed because I was tired of being sick, going to doctors and taking heaps of meds. The adhesions caused by that surgery led me to all this and taking more heaps of meds. I could drop all of it, I know... but I guess I'm not ready to give up yet. Apparently there are more options of things to try.


Hugs and praying for you all...

6 comments:

  1. Did you do the 4x cortisol saliva test to diagnose you with adrenal fatigue? I'm just going to have that done and am curious about the results. Are you fatigued throughout the day? This could be your missing link! Praying that this is the case and praying the treatment works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Yes, I did the saliva test. I can't say I really feel that fatigued, at least not all the time. Some days... but sometimes I think it's because I didn't get enough sleep! Hope you have yours figured out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you! I'm doing the adrenal fatigue test this summer. I know they are going to say I need to lower my stress...much easier said than done right? :) I too am hoping this is your missing link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cortef is my happy drug! I can't believe how much my life has improved since going on it! I hope this is your missing link too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, please be your missing link! Keep us updated. Prayers continue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for you!

    I have not done that test...perhaps it looms in front of me, as my doc has mentioned it...

    thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...