Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Snapshots


1) The adoption class was terrific. It was so nice to meet the SWs in the agency since they'll be the ones we work with once the HS is completed. I have to start working on our profile book though now - we have to make 15 copies (they are 10 pages long (either single sheet or 5 front-back) so that each agency can give them to the birthmothers. We also have to make a DVD - once the birthmom narrows her selection, she'll usually watch 3-5 interviews with each prospective family. They're about 5 minutes long... and the agency has a company they work with specifically in each region. We watched a few to give us an idea of what the finished product looks like. It doesn't look like I'll be able to play the piano though! Not unless I can drag it into the studio, haha. :)

2) I'm enjoying reading the Prayer Buddy reveals. I knew it was coming up but it was the week of piano camp; I was packing for 2 vacations, and getting ready for the kitchen remodel; and then official sign-up occurred during our vacation and I wasn't online that much to remember to sign-up. So... I missed it this time around. :( I'm looking forward to Advent prayer buddies!! I've been praying for all of you when I read your posts though!

3) MY SISTER V. IS ENGAGED!!! I am over-the-moon excited. :-) Wedding planning is in full swing. Next week I'll have a chance to do some dress shopping and probably reception-site shopping. They haven't set a date yet, which probably depends mostly on the reception site. They are considering a Friday wedding, I think. The only trouble is that the groom's family lives quite far away... he doesn't expect a ton of people to travel, but no one in his immediate family lives close. A Friday wedding means more time off work for people. But - we've had 3 cousins in CA with Friday weddings, and have attended a few others, so it seems like they're more popular. Plus, they're cheaper! :)

4) And hot on V's tail is my sister S!!! She and her boyfriend got together with my parents earlier this week for dinner to discuss getting engaged sometime before Christmas and married sometime next summer - after V. that is! I can't believe there might be 2 weddings in the family! S hasn't been dating her boyfriend all that long... but I really can't point fingers since DH and I only dated 3 months before getting engaged! I guess when you know, you know... :) Please pray for both sisters. Both will have to move. I remember how difficult it was to make friends at first after I got married and moved to a new city. Fortunately my sister M was only 20 minutes away. That helped tremendously. V will be a few hours from me so hopefully that will help.  S will be 2 hours from home, but she suffers from anxiety (she has a history of depression too) and any change is difficult for her. Hopefully the months of planning the wedding will help her adjust and prepare for the change.

5) We're going to surprise DH's brother tomorrow evening!!!! I'm so excited!!! :-D He is performing in the Music Man and while he knows his parents and another brother/SIL are coming, he doesn't expect DH and me. Woo-hoo! Can't wait to see him, and the show. I was in the pit orchestra in high school for Music Man and know it well. BIL is part of the quartet.

6) I joined our church choir this year. I've really missed being part of an ensemble. If I had to choose, I'd rather play an instrument (I was in a handbell choir for awhile before I got married and LOVED it) but singing is good for me... I sang soprano for years and years until finally singing alto one semester in undergrad when I realized that was what I should have been doing all along. I always hear the top notes of a chord - never the inner voices. Singing alto helps tremendously. :)

Happy weekend, everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...