Thursday, November 10, 2011

2:30 AM

Apparently lemon tea with honey sparks terrific imagination. Consumed right before bed. So that you wake up at 2:15 AM raring to go. In more ways than one...... ;)

Sooo... after lying there for a bit trying to fall back to sleep, I decided to get up and do something about the ideas buzzing in my head. And now, 5 1/2 hours later, my profile book is almost done! :-D

And it looks really good, if I do say so myself, haha. :) I even wrote our Dear Birthmother letter! Of course DH has to add his part to introduce me, and go over the birthmother letter. I'm sure he'll have things to add or edit. But I feel great about it overall. The only thing I do need is a good cover photo.

Question for all of you who have done profiles... here's the one I'm considering:


This was on our Italy trip last fall and I really like our smiles. (Hello!? Of course we're smiling, we're eating breakfast outside a little cafe in Venice!!) But, the random guy between our heads... Maybe I can try to fade the background or something.

Or ... should I go for a more formal photo and put this on the inside with our Dear Birthmother letter? I want a photo on that page to break up the writing. (I don't actually have a formal photo yet. I'm hoping to get a friend to take some pictures of us outside this weekend as long as it's nice.

Anyway... your thoughts??

Oh, and I also have 2 other smaller photos on the cover page, but this is the "attention grabber". The one that says "PICK US!! PICK US!!!" :-D

And now... well.. I'm a little tired now. The adrenaline must be wearing off... I hope I don't fall asleep at mass!

10 comments:

  1. Gotta love being productive, even in the middle of the night! I've never had that reaction to lemon tea! ;)

    I have no advice, but I do have prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No advice here as well... but prayers for you! I'm just copying JellyBelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this pic, so natural...and I think that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a fan of the more natural pictures. I just think they show so much more personality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both look so happy in this picture! Go with this one! Part of our honeymoon was in Venice....pure happiness for sure!

    Congrats on finishing the profile book...great things are in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even notice the man until you said it. You both look happy so I think it's a winner. Best wishes putting the final touches together...exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a hard time sleeping lately too, more because we're house hunting though. I think it's great that you used your time to get so much accomplished!

    -Ania

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cute picture (and I didn't notice the random man before you pointed him out, either). Also - are you using that wedding picture with the sunglasses that you use for your blogger profile somewhere in the book??? Maybe even the cover. Because that picture is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like GIMH said, I didn't even notice the man until you said it. I like natural pics also, like Karen said. I really like this! (without seeing the rest of the options)
    CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your profile book and your part of the Dear BM letter!!! It is a huge milestone to be proud of! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe I never weighed in on this! I remember reading it, but I must not have clicked Post Comment...

    First off, congrats on getting finishing up your adoption stuff!!! Such great news!!

    Anyway, I love the photo. Some advice we got when making our book was to use photos which tell a story, rather than ones where we were dressed nice or whatever. And I love how this photo tells a story of your vacation, and the way you both look so happy. And how your hub is leaning in towards you. All great little stories within the photo. I say use it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...