Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Woo-hoo!

For 2 reasons... :)

1) DH & I had a great trip to Pittsburgh this past weekend - fun times with family and the Steelers game on Sunday! It was a late game and we got back really late Sunday night, and I am still recovering from sleep deprivation, but it was worth it... especially since the Steelers beat the Patriots!! Fin.a.lly. :)

I tried loading a video of the crowd cheering after the Steelers got the safety at the end of the game, but since it's taking forever to upload (the file is probably too big), this photo I saw posted over and over again on fac.ebook will probably be enjoyed also by the lovely Rebecca and Patiently Waiting... who are both Steelers fans!



2) Another BIG woo-hoo is that we are Home Study approved! I got an email from our agency Monday morning that our copy is on its way to us. Yay!! I'll feel better when I have it in my hands, but all the same, it's good news. For those of you adopting, how long did you work on your profile books? I'm creative, but I'm worrying that my perfectionist tendencies are going to make it take longer. Maybe I should just give myself a deadline. :)

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Don't forget to keep praying for this sweet blogger who had surgery yesterday!

10 comments:

  1. What a great game! We were waving the terrible towels in the state of Minnesota for sure! What a fun game to go to!

    Congrats on being homestudy approved! I OBSESSED about our profile letter/book. Give yourself a deadline and also take a break for a few days and then when you go back to look at all of it you will see the obvious changes to make. Good luck and have fun!

    Go Steelers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray on the home study!! That is so exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how did I miss that photo!?!? I love it :).

    Go Steelers!

    And yay on the home study!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CANNOT agree more on the Patriots getting beat! I don't care who beats them, as long as someone does!! And since I'm a Colts fan, it ain't gonna be us this year! :)

    Oh..and congrats on the home study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being home study approved! Super exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats on the Home Study approval!!! :)
    On the Profile books, its so daunting to start, but just DO IT! That's half the battle. :) Initially, decide how you want it to look overall and how you want to layout inside. That's probably the harder stuff.
    Do you have a format decided already (i.e. scrapbook)? If you are looking online, I *highly* recommend doing a "Mixbo.ok". I did mine that way and LOVED it! Before purchasing, google for a 25% off coupon too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so excited you got your home study approval!! what great news and a reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise GOD!!!! Come on baby!!!! Ring phone ring!

    Note- I was working on our updated portfolio when our phone rang. I was going to use shutterfly. They have a great black Friday sale (at least they did last year!) and you can get books for half off!!! Since you'll need multiple copies, that's a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot woot!!!! Awesome news about being home study APPROVED!!! That's so fantastic! I'm so happy for you and your husband, being one step closer to becoming parents!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...