Friday, June 14, 2013

Last weekend

Another busy week over here. After traveling, it always feels like I'm playing catch-up. While I try not to spend too much time on the weekends doing work around the house, inevitably when I don't have a weekend, there is more work during the week. Such is life! :)

We had a lovely visit with Caleb's birth mother. Really, the day couldn't have gone any better! It was such a joy to see her and to see how much she loves C still. DH & I were definitely both nervous heading into it, as it had been a year, and we've had almost no contact since then, other than the letters and photos we sent. But despite that, I still love open adoption. As I wrote in this post, I do hope we continue to keep in touch, even if it is infrequent. Maybe we'll have more contact now that we've exchanged emails. Only time will tell.

DH & I thank you all for your prayers for our visit! I'm sure that things went smoothly in part based on your prayers!! :)

Other than the visit, we're settling into summer over here. I LOVE having our local farmer's market back - we had to travel a bit more for one during the winter and DH & I would go on Saturdays with C. We tried to limit it to once a month - we were the ones buying 10-12 dozen eggs, haha - but we always seemed to pick the coldest weekends to go! Now that summer is here, the Thursday one I like better is back open, and C and I go in the mornings before his nap. I'm trying to buy almost all our food there - we've had delicious squash, potatoes, blueberries, strawberries, asparagus and of course a lot of meat and eggs. :) Yesterday, I was washing up the strawberries and blueberries and C was walking around the kitchen, occasionally getting samples of blueberries. At one point I looked over and he was munching on the green stem of an onion! City girl here - I never knew that onions had those green stalks attached to them. I pulled off the one C munched on and sliced up a bunch of the rest for our eggs in the morning. As I tried to fasten the container (holding C in one arm as he didn't want to be put down), I dropped it. Slices of onion went everywhere, and he dove right in to help me pick them up by eating them. I grabbed several of them out of his hand, but he got another one in his mouth and was running out of the kitchen so I couldn't take the last one. As he was running, I heard him happily crunching with his teeth. :) Onions and blueberries... what a combination!

Happy Friday everyone! :)

4 comments:

  1. So glad the visit with Cs birthmother went well. We are loving the farmer's market. We now go every Sunday afternoon. Loving all the fresh fruit and veggies. Yes, blueberries and onion...quite the combo. I am surprised he actually like onions! Most littles I think would spit them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the visit went well! What a treasure open adoption will be for C as he gets bigger! Love the image of him running away from you with onions in his mouth! ha, ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the visit went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled the visit went well! The first visit is always daunting ... at least it was for me. It's nice to leave with a great feeling from the visit. Like you, I hope there are more to come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...