Monday, April 21, 2014

He is Risen! Happy Easter!!

He is Risen!! Happy Easter, friends!

We had a wonderful Easter, celebrating with our dear friends M & D (C's godparents) and their families. M is the interim choir director at our parish, so she was quite busy preparing all the Masses for the Triduum and Easter. I played on Holy Thursday, sang a little on Good Friday and played for 2 Masses yesterday - our Bishop attended one of them! :) I never imagined I'd get another chance to play for Easter (a church job being more difficult when married, with DH working Monday through Friday and me working on the weekends - no thanks!) so I was thrilled to have the opportunity. I love working in the church; the hours are just so not family-weekend-friendly! M & I also sang a duet of the Regina Caeli - an arrangement I just LOVE. Nothing better than singing:
Regina caeli laetare, Alleluia, 
Quia quem meruisti portare. Alleluia,
Resurrexit sicut dixit, Alleluia. 

Ora pro nobis Deum. Alleluia.
Anyway, a few photos from our morning (thank you again Kerry for his Easter outfit - purchased when he was born!!) Little man had a hard time staying still - he kept darting away and running down the sidewalk. He is FAST! And he turns TWO tomorrow! More posts to come later this week after we celebrate! :)





9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had a wonderful Easter. Cannot believe he will be TWO already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter! And happy second birthday, C!!

    I didn't realize you sang/played! What instrument?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, my degrees are in piano. :) I also play the organ and I prefer to sing alto.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome tht it fits him now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your plan worked! At least, I think that was your plan. Brilliant. ;)

      Delete
  4. Such great pictures!!! He looks like he has a lot of personality!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...