Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why I Love My Husband


First- applause to Kaitlin for coming up with this idea! She said it so well. It's so important that we as women build our husbands up instead of tearing them down. I cannot stand listening to women who complain about their husbands. My husband isn't perfect but then neither am I! With so many marriages in trouble these days, we need to do our best to show others what it is supposed to be. My path to heaven has a name... and it is the name of my husband.
First, I remember an awesome priest I know giving a meditation on cheerfulness. He mentioned that sometimes the most difficult thing to do is SMILE. He told us to use toothpicks if we had to.
Well, my awesome hubby is my set of toothpicks. I can never stay mad, irritated or down-in-the-dumps around him. I'm generally a pretty optimistic person, but boy, when those crazy hormones kick in, watch out! :) He always manages to get me to smile though, whether it's making funny faces, cracking jokes, literally propping up the sides of my mouth, or tickling me until I end up cracking small smiles that eventually escalate into one of those laugh-till-you-hurt moments. And then... I never remember what it was that I was mad about in the first place.
I love being married to a man who likes more than anything, to see me smile.
See... I'm smiling now! :-D I love you Honey!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you joined in!! I love the line "My path to heaven has a name...and it is the name of my husband." That is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...