Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Quick Takes

1) First - Wicked was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! I can't believe I waited this long to see it. :) The casting was just phenomenal. My DH really enjoyed it too and said he wished we could see it again with this cast! I started listening to the music the week before we went to become more familiar with it, and I'm hooked. All the songs are going through my head at regular intervals! Haha! It takes me back to high school when I was in musicals and I sang the songs for months.

2) We met with our SW last week for our last visit. Truly, she was so nice, that it wasn't difficult, and it didn't even feel the slightest bit invasive. We turned in all the paperwork except autobiographies, so I think we're good to go there. The education class is at the end of August (we couldn't schedule before then), so hopefully after that we'll be approved. And then the wait begins!!

3) For those of you who have adopted - how much prep did you do to the house? Buy a crib? Paint the room? Nothing? How long before you were chosen by birthparents? We are turning our "office" into the nursery, so the only thing I can really anticipate doing is getting a smaller desk. It will move to the guest room once we need a crib, but I'm sure we'll use a bassinet at first anyway. Part of me feels that to fully get ready would make me really anxious.

4) My cycle review wasn't all that great this time around. Estradiol level was 4.6 and Prometrium was 8.1. I know the Femara can impact Estradiol, but I'm taking 200 mg of Prometrium. The nurse said we'll try another cycle and see how it goes, but I may end up with HCG. I have no idea yet if our insurance will pay for those. I'm going to try one more cycle with Femara... but honestly, I'm dreading ovulation. If it's as bad as this cycle, it'll be hitting right around the time we leave for vacation. I do not relish the idea of driving or spending the first few days chained to a heating pad!

5) My next appointment with Dr. S. is in August. (Ironically, the day before our adoptive class!) I'm wondering if I should ask him how long we should continue everything. When do we "give up"? I've been on hormones for the better part of 2 1/2 years... and I know my surgery was just this past February, but still... I'm tired of it. More and more I'm wanting to just let God take over and stop with the medical stuff.

6) Sooooooo looking forward to vacation! I have piano camp with my students the week before we go away and I've been procrastinating with those plans! I know what I want to do... but I need to get everything written down and printed. This morning instead of working on plans, I started packing my toiletry kit! Ha!

7) DH has been working some crazy hours lately. Please keep him in your prayers!

Happy Friday, everyone!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the home study! We did nothing for our home study. Setting up a room was just too much for me... I know that everyone is different though. It was a lot of fun racing around getting things once we found out we were picked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed Wicked - it's one of my favorites! I've seen it a few times, and would gladly see it again in a minute!

    That's great news about your home study. We didn't do any prep in the nursery for the homestudy. We waited until we were officially "active" with the agency, then took baby steps (haha) toward painting the room, buying a crib etc. One thing at a time, at a comfortable pace. It kept us busy and hopeful while we were waiting. Some days I felt the need to control something, so that's when I worked on something in there. Other days, I would get upset just by walking past the room, so I'd close the door.

    Also, as we shared the news with family and friends about starting the adoption process, they started sending gifts and hand-me-downs, so that kind of stuff started filling up the room first! Overall, I'm glad we had the basics covered by the time the baby came.

    We waited for nine months before we were picked by the birthfamily. And our daughter was born by the time we were chosen, so we hopped on a plane asap without any time to do anything at home!

    Have fun at piano camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able to setup a nursery yet. We have been waiting 3&1/2 months. However, my sister is visiting me (traveling by plane) so I am thinking of purchasing a car seat for her to use for my niece while she is here and then put it away for our future child. So, that may be my first purchase! I am a very emotional person so seeing too many baby items would upset me but I know so many other people have been much more organized and it worked out perfectly. Go with your heart! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you liked wicked! It is one of my fav's and I ma memorized the CD...Defying Gravity...!!

    Glad the homestudy went well! Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been wanting to see Wicked! Glad to hear a positive review! Maybe it'll get DH to agree to see it! :)

    Congrats on the home study! So cool that you're using AFTH as your agency!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...