Friday, July 1, 2011

SW visit & cycle craziness

This week we met with our SW for our first interview - again, she made me feel really comfortable. We decided to just pack it in and schedule the second interview - the separate interview - next week. I have most of the paperwork done, I just need to finish a few more things, finish my autobiography and copy everything, and give it to her. We are having a hard time scheduling the education course though. Please pray for that - I really want to get it done in July - especially if we have everything else done, but it looks like it won't be until the end of August. We are on vacation the first week in August, then I'm out of town the second week. We could potentially come back or leave late for vacation but I really don't want to do that. Vacation with my family is so much fun, and I come back so relaxed. We'd probably have to shorten it by 2 days in order to do the course. Any idea how much it would delay things if we have to wait that long to complete it?

In cycle news, this week has not been a good one. I'm really frustrated. Wednesday night, around the time the SW was going to come, I started having ovulation pains. I thought I felt them on Monday, and figured that was Peak Day, but then this. The pain woke me up during the night, I finally started using a heating pad and tylenol in the morning Thursday, but then I was chasing the pain. It never really went away significantly and I spent most of yesterday in bed. It hurts. A lot. I'm not a wimp; I have a high pain tolerance; and this is ridiculous. I cannot imagine that any normal ovulation hurts this much. Really?? So, I'm seriously considering bagging the Femara - and the Mucinex, which has done nothing for CM.

Strange question - (maybe TMI) can surgery damage the parts that create CM? I mean, occasionally I would have months where it wasn't that great, but now, I'm not even seeing anything remotely stretchy. It just runs. I won't go into detail there, but it doesn't seem quite right.

Looking forward to the weekend though; we're getting together with some friends tomorrow night, and their 5 very cute kids. The youngest is only a few months - so pray that I can handle that!! They are a great family though, and one of our references, so it will be good to see them. And DH's brother is in town for a wedding so we'll get to spend some time with him too. I just hope I don't have to walk around attached to a heating pad. Ha!

Happy 4th!!

5 comments:

  1. hey hon-- sorry to hear of your intense pain...yuck!! That's kind of odd..but maybe the Femara kickin it up a notch. Ovulation is supposed to be GOOD-- maddening that it would hurt so much.

    I know that if your cervical crypts in your cervix were operated on, you would have mucus changes...but I would check with your doc for specifics in your case...

    Praying for you~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your next meeting! Sorry to hear about your pain though. Hope that gets figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was on Clomid it made my endo-related pain worse, but my pain was only slightly elevated by Femara. My CM only changed a bit while on Femara, but I also have perfect mucus scores (yes and beautiful cycles, I just can't seem to conceive).

    I hope your doc can get to the bottom of your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about you getting your homestudy interviews going! I hope you can squeeze in the education course without taking away from what's going on in your life.

    So sorry about the ovulation pain - sounds intense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you got through the baby get together ok! Although you think you have it all together, I guess you never know. I'm sorry that the Femara & Mucinex aren't working. :( I have no advice on what other potential drugs you might get ... hmmm, there has GOT to be something!!! I'll keep you in my prayers on that. Its just SO frustrating when nothing seems to work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...