Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dr appt and Adoption class

Actually, I first want to know if any of you know this song? 

Casting Crowns - Praise you in this storm...


It's often given me comfort. I've found myself listening to it recently.

So... tomorrow is another appointment with Dr. S. I know I'll be asking him about Adrenal fatigue and treating it naturally rather than with the Cor.tef I discontinued. I'm hoping he can order one of the food allergy tests I read about in one of the books he recommended - the Elisa/ACT tests. I'm wondering if I have more than just a problem with gluten. No reason really, except that I have so many other allergies! He also wants me to have a follicular ultrasound series. Have any of you gone through that? The only place I could find around me that will do it is a fertility clinic... can't say I'm crazy about going into one of those, but I guess it will have to do. I won't be able to do it this cycle because we won't be here for CD11 when I'm supposed to begin the testing. Oh well...

Friday is our Adoption Education class with AFTH... super excited about that!! It's all day, I think with a few other couples, so I'm looking forward to meeting other people going through the process. Hopefully it will be one of the last steps we need to take before our H.S. is approved. Yay! Closer and closer! :-D

I'm still catching up on blog reading from the last 3 weeks... since I got back from vacation, I'm busy planning out the year's activities for my students. Hopefully after next week when most of my students will be on their back-to-school schedule, I'll feel a little more settled and back into a routine!

Oh... so yesterday, yes, I felt the earthquake that hit northern VA. I was in the middle of teaching a lesson to one of my adult students and it took me a second to realize the floor, the piano and things on the bookshelves were shaking and it was not just the pounding of the left hand part of the Bartok piece he was playing! It was a little unnerving to say the least! And this weekend we're supposed to get hit by the hurricane sometime Sunday.... in any case, DH and I will probably enjoy a nice afternoon inside reading. I love to read when it's raining outside. Hopefully that's all we'll get and there won't be much damage. 

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. An all day Adoption class! How exciting. Ours were in the evenings for only a couple hours.

    Beautiful song. I did not know the song, but now I do. Simple reminder of how much He loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I had an appointment with Dr. S today (Thursday) also!! What time was yours? I am starting to wonder if I saw you there... was your hubby with you?? Was your appointment around 2:00-2:30?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaky about the earthquake. Looking forward to an update about your appt. Natural ways to treat adrenal fatigue- I'd love to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song. :)

    I am on Dr. S's waiting list for December/January. I'm wondering what part of PA you live in - you mentioned a Pirate game in another post and I know you're a Steeler fan - just wondering if we are close by?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...