Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day! UPDATED WITH RECIPE!

This is what we did today:

Super tasty!

Happy Labor Day everyone! :)


*UPDATE:
Here is the recipe (thanks for asking Hebrews!)

I pizza mix from Gluu.teny bakery. It is a gluten-free, casein-free crust mix, and they now sell on Ama.zon. It's supposed to make one crust, but I use it and make 2 - it's a thinner crust which I think helps disguise that it's GF. It is really tasty though! When I mix it, I add garlic powder, onion powder and oregano - no measurements, just to taste. I freeze the other half and it doesn't take long to defrost it. We eat pizza on Fridays, but today decided to grill the second for lunch!

I cooked the pizza dough first in the oven for 8 minutes to firm it up. It is literally a goopy, sticky mess - nothing like regular dough. Then DH grilled it on one side for 3-4 minutes, we flipped it (inside), added toppings and grilled for about 7 more minutes.

So - for any of you who can still eat gluten I'm-so-jealous, bless your hearts, you can use any dough you like. You can probably also put it on the grill to start with instead of putting it in the oven. I just had no idea how it would turn out if we just put it on the grill.

I used a grill pizza pan from Cra.te and Bar.rel that they no longer seem to carry. Maybe you can find one somewhere else? If you're using regular dough though, you might be able to put it directly on the grill? We used a charcoal grill.

Toppings
I used a parmesan-romano pasta sauce, store-bought. It's literally 99cents a jar as opposed to 4x as much for "pizza" sauce. I like it with the cheese in it. I spread a thin layer.
Fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
2 slices of provolone cheese, deli style, sliced in thin strips
Shredded mozzarella - a sprinkling dousing. I like lots of cheese. :)
Shredded pizza blend - sprinkle to your taste
1 thinly sliced Roma tomato
1/4 of a green pepper, thinly sliced
And because I LOVE it, a few slices of pepperoni.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Yum! We're having homemade pizza tonight, too! Wheat crust with chicken, mushrooms, bell pepper, tomatoes, black olives, garlic, and basil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh... I love basil! Usually on Fridays we have tomatoes and pesto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! My appetite is returning post surgery and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! That looks perfect. You're making me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!! I'm gonna have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...