Monday, May 7, 2012

Short update

Wow. Just wow. I have so many thoughts spinning in my head and even though I've sat down to write a post on the call, and what I'm feeling - still infertile but now a mom - I still have no idea how to put them into words. 

It's heavenly; having Caleb. I love his little noises when he's sleeping or just waking up, I love changing diapers, singing to him and feeding him and even getting up in the middle of the night, no matter how tired I am. Of course, I wouldn't object if he were to decide to sleep through the night now, haha! :) And we are finally past the 10-day waiting period for the birthmother, but the birthfather has not signed yet. He was supposed to sign Friday... I believe his rights are terminated tomorrow, regardless. But please pray that he does sign!! 

Today is the first day with DH back to work (he's coming home early tonight so I can teach lessons)and so far today, I took an extra nap with Caleb this morning, took a shower and put on make-up, took another nap, fed Caleb for the third time, then realized, I should probably eat at least one meal since he had at that point had 3. :) Seriously, I am forgetting to feed myself!! 

Our local social worker is coming to the house on Thursday for our first post-placement visit. I really have to do some cleaning before then!!

OK... I'm being summoned by someone in the next room. :) I guess it's time for another afternoon snack!


12 comments:

  1. SO lovely to get an update!!! I've been wondering how you've been. I'm so glad to know how things are going! I'll pray for the birth father to sign papers ... Sometimes it's easier if there were only one parent. Lol. Prayers going up!!! Hoping for pictures soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it's going so well! Praying everything goes smoothly with the birth father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that the father signs! I love that you're getting to enjoy Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that the Birth Father signs!

    From what I've heard the fact that you ate AND showered in the same day means you are doing really really well :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad things are going well! I understand the "schedule" you are on at the moment and just being totally in love with your baby. Praying for birthfather's signature, so you can officially call Caleb yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear things are going well. Praying all goes well with the birth father and that he signs. You will get adjusted to you new schedule soon. But yes, be sure to take some time out for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Showered and makeup?! You're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping things went ok with the birth father signing papers! Good luck at your follow up appt today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those first few days/weeks as a Mama are the sweetest! Such a blessing!
    LOL about not eating. With my kids being so young and so close together, I often don't get a breakfast until mid morning and lunch about mid afternoon. My body has adjusted and it is my new normal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW. I am only like four posts behind, and the world has changed! Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So familiar! I can't wait to see pictures! Hope everything went well with the birth father...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...