Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hi Everyone! (by Caleb)

Hi Everyone!

I can't wait to see all of you! :) In the meantime, I thought I'd give you a summary of my first few days at home.

My first night, I learned that I was a night owl. Mommy and Daddy said something about my days and nights being mixed up, but I'm not so sure. I think I like nighttime.

My first night, I also thought it would be a good idea to make sure all my parts worked. I soaked through all kinds of clothes and diapers. Mommy and Daddy need tons of practice changing me, so I was happy to oblige.

I slept a lot during my second day at home. Mommy and Daddy listened to everyone and tried to sleep when I did, but every time I woke up, they were right there. I don't think they were sleeping that well. I don't know why really; I'm too little to go anywhere and get into trouble. But I'm already thinking good things up. :)

That night, we had our first visitors. They were nice enough to bring me lots of fun things, like a boppy and a bassinet, so I could sleep closer to Mommy and Daddy. I didn't like it that night, but the next morning, I decided it would be okay to try it out. I was REALLY nice that night - I slept 3 hours at a time. I even slept for a few hours in the morning while my Daddy slept and while Mommy went to Mass and get me more formula. I need lots; I'm a growing boy! (Well, the doctor declared me a healthy boy, but said I had lost some weight. Just wait til I show her! Just wait til my next appointment, Doc!)

The second night, we had some other friends visit. I let them hold me and I slept. They are really nice friends. They came over when I was born and helped move the desk out of my room to make room for my crib! And, they decorated the front door with balloons, and a beautiful sign welcoming me home! It's so nice to have good friends!!

Oh, and I'm smiling for Mommy and Daddy. They love it!! They keep telling me I'm the cutest and bestest baby in the world. (Shhh.... I already knew that. :))

Well... it's time for another nap. I'll write more later.

Love,
Caleb

ps: Thank you for praying for me to find my Mommy and Daddy!! I'm so happy my birthmom chose life!!

19 comments:

  1. I love it, and I'm so excited that it's happening for you! :) Can't wait until you can post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Glad you all are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I have tears. I know the feeling ... experiencing your little boy and enjoying him SO VERY MUCH! You enjoy that Caleb ... keep him small forever so you can snuggle anytime you want. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...so sweet! What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update Caleb! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAWWWW! Caleb, welcome to the world! Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. We are so thankful that you are home with your mommy and daddy. Tell them 'hi' for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! We are in the process of adopting and await that moment to hold our children in our arms! So happy for you and Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for filling us in, Caleb!!! I remember not sleeping very well when my babies were little- too many precious noises!!!!

    Isaiah!!!! There's a BABY IN YOUR HOUSE!!!!! You're a MOM!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo wonderful!

    Do you need formula coupons? I have a friend who has some she is trying to give away. Message me if you are interested-morelikemary at gmail....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update Caleb! I know your mommy and daddy are so excited to have you - even if they are up all night :).

    Looking forward to watching you grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! So exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cutest blog post! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this post!! love little Caleb!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Caleb! This is Elizabeth. My mommy blogs too and loves reading your mommy's blog. I don't really know what a blog is yet, but my mommy says she has met a lot of really great people through it and she likes to put pictures of me on her blog. I really hope they aren't embarrassing ones. So since our mommies are buddies, can we be blogger baby buddies? God Bless, Elizabeth B

    P.S. Just smile and giggle when you have a blowout, they can't be upset when you do that! Works for me every time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Caleb, Thank you for making me smile this evening :) You are a true blessing to us all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...