Wednesday, April 11, 2012

4th Ultrasound Series coming up!

Thank you all so, so much for your comments on my last post. I feel much better today, thank goodness. I really was feeling so patient... but finding out we were her "second" choice was tough. The chosen family had a DVD prepared... we did not. We kind of put it off - when we went to an Ed series class, there were several family who did not have one, or who said no one would ever see their video! Plus, it's expensive. Silly, when you consider the enormous check we'll have to write out once we get chosen. In any case, we're trying to schedule the session with the videographer - and we keep having schedule hiccups. Please pray we can get that scheduled soon! I don't want to be another "second" choice because we don't have a video!

Since we have no idea when a call will actually come... I'm wondering if maybe God said no this time because he wants to do amazing things during my next cycle, right? During another ultrasound series? Yes, of course, sign me up! Oh, if only.... :)

But, yes. I'm doing another one. Dr. M looked over my cycle review and thought it was an excellent idea to do an unmedicated ultrasound cycle. So, no femara, no HCG trigger, no cytotec. I'll just be taking post-peak estradiol and prometrium and the CM enhancers - amoxicillin, B6, fertile.aid and fertile.cm. No evening primrose oil though. I told the nurse I really didn't enjoy having an oily face! That was just plain yucky. I am just really interested (slightly scared. Ok, a lot scared) to see what develops without all the crazy stimulation.

However - praise the Lord - the nurse said they have had some patients in my area use a local radiology clinic. I was all for that switch. No more 2+ hour drives?  I called and scheduled the appointments right after I got off the phone with the nurse. The nurse confirmed that this clinic has worked with a few of their patients and knows their protocol. When I called to schedule the series, the scheduler seemed to know exactly what I was talking about and knew that I'd be coming in for a bunch of scans. She scheduled all of them right away, so I should be set. It's 15-20 minutes away, and only 10 minutes away from the church I go to for daily mass. What a relief!!!

Also, Dr. M is most definitely taking my chart with her on her trip late this month to consult with Dr. H. Sweet!!! Maybe together the two of them can come up with something great.

Again, I am so grateful for your comments and prayers on my last post. Your prayers are working - I feel much more at peace today. :)

9 comments:

  1. That is GREAT that there's a clinic so much closer that you can use!! Awesome!! Fingers crossed for you this cycle! You never know what can happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were so sweet to stop by my blog earlier today. I pray you find peace as you walk this path. I won't pretend I understand as I have two beautiful girls, and getting pregnant was easy for me. But, as a mom I can understand the pain and hurt of wanting something so badly, yet it not happening. You are right to keep the faith as God has a plan for each of us, maybe not exactly what we had anticipated and maybe not in the time frame we would like, but I do believe there is that little special someone out there waiting to call you mom...in His timing. I have had numerous friends go through and still are going through infertility, and I can honestly say each journey has been different. Praying for peace for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you found a more local place for your ultrasounds. I like the plan of going without ovulation inducing drugs. I think I am going to do the same this cycle. By the way, Thank you for the beautiful Easter card and kind note. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief to find a closer clinic!!!!

    Continued prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great plan! What a relief to have a place near where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad there is a clinic close to your for the u/s series! That is a huge relief!

    Praying this cycle goes well! I also hope that Dr M's consult with Dr H produces some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am THRILLED that there is a closer clinic! You have been out through the ringer on driving out for ultrasounds!
    This technology age is really something. It's great on the receiving end, but for someone not to select you because you didn't have a video?!?!? Oh gosh. It shouldn't be about that (And maybe that wasn't), but people want the whole stinking ball of cheese and someone to feed it to them these days. They should be happy with a great profile book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for less driving for you! I agree with Perfect Timing...I don't think it should be about a fancy video! Well, when it does happen, it will be about y'all being a perfect match for that little baby and vice versa. Praying that this will be a great cycle for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video must be worth a million :( I agree with All in His Perfect Timing- jeesh!! Glad you don't have to drive so far anymore! Keeping you close in prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...