Monday, May 6, 2013

Road Trips: Birthdays and Baptisms & other fun stuff

The past 2 weeks have been quite the whirlwind! We went to Pittsburgh last weekend to visit my family - we celebrated C's birthday and niece's baptism, then drove up immediately after her baptism, to Cleveland for X's baptism 3 hours later! We drove home later that night and arrived home shortly after 11.... DH drove the whole trip. I love him. :) 

C was quite the trooper! When we were driving back home finally (a 6 hour trip), he got a little fussy after he woke up from his nap, but reading and toys kept him occupied. 

Photos from that weekend:

Birthday party:
Bring that a little closer, Mom!

Hates cake, but loves ice cream. A man after my own heart. :)

M's Baptism!! Welcome, sweet new Catholic!!
Proud Godmother :) 
My sisters - the BEST aunties EVER!

X's baptism... welcome new Catholic!!
DH, C & me with his brother, SIL & X
This past weekend, DH was on retreat, and C and I drove back up to Pittsburgh for a longer visit with my family. My sis, R, had a choir concert as well. She's singing in a newly formed group under the direction of my HS choir teacher - who is pretty much the best teacher I ever had in school. He's retiring this year - but going to teach for a year at a local college. It was SO great to see him. And the choir was great! A few close friends of mine - 2 girls who sang for my wedding (who I met taking piano lessons as a kid) are also in the group and it was fun to see them as well! And, my first piano teacher was also in attendance. What a flashback to all those piano recitals in middle school and high school. :) C and I also spent some time with my Grandma, who told us last week that she would like to be called "Nana" by her great-grandchildren. I took a bunch of photos of the 2 of them - so sweet!!

C and Nana

I LOVE this one!!!
 Playing with all kinds of old toys! Recognize the telephone?! I'm not sure C would know what it was... he's used to trying to play with my iphone, haha. :)
I'll chew on this a while.
My godmother came over to visit for a bit too. She and C had fun with blocks:
A tower of blocks... hmm... 
I don't think so!
Hee, hee!!! I win!!
Since the Pens were playing that night, I changed him into appropriate attire (they lost, boo, but won yesterday!)
Go Pens!!!
 Saturday, DH's parents came down to visit a bit more since our trip the previous weekend was so short. We went out to lunch and took him to a local park to try out the swings. He was definitely nervous at first, but eventually smiled a bit... and he was definitely intrigued by all the people around. It was a gorgeous day... perfect for the park!
This is fun... but I'm still hanging on for dear life!
Happy Monday, friends!


5 comments:

  1. Too cute! Love all the photos especially the one with all the aunts...you girls are adorable and all have the same smile. Love it! :) Glad you had a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C is so. stinkin. cute! I love that picture of him with your grandma as well! So glad your travels went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are a lot of great pictures! I remember having a toy phone just like that one. It didn't occur to me that it would be out of date since phones no longer look like that, but it clearly is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pics of C and Nana are the CUTEST!! I love his little smiles!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...