Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Distracted parenting

One of the best posts I've read in a while - I meant to link to this last week. It really hit home... technology, despite making our lives "easier", can be such a distraction to being present for our children!

Please see Sarah's post on Clover Lane on Distracted Parenting if you haven't already.


Pinterest... or email... or blogs... 


How to make: Ned the iPhone kleenex box monster

I think I need to make one of these big enough for my phone and laptop. Anyone need to join me in this craft?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so true! Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen the post. When R was a little younger, I struggled with this for some reason, but now whenever she is awake, I'm focused on being present with her. Technology waits until she is sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I am so over it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went, I read, I loved it. Here´s my favorite part:

    "The way you show someone they are important is too look them in the eye and pay attention...everyone knows, even the littlest child, when we are truly present."



    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...