Friday, October 4, 2013

HWFD: Spiced Pork & Butternut Squash with Sage

My sister R's boyfriend B sent this recipe to me earlier this week. As it turned out, I had a pork tenderloin defrosting in the fridge and I had just roasted up some butternut squash that was waiting to be eaten. (Actually I roasted a butternut squash and 2 other kinds of squash that I forget the name of. But, they were squash. I figured they would work.)

Recipe here
A weird substitution - I didn't have fresh chicken or beef stock (I make my own) so I used 3/4 cup of water, a dash of poultry seasoning for flavor and 1/4 cup of apple cider, just because. It was great - the pork was so nice and tender and the seasoning was perfect for a fall meal.

Happy Friday, friends! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...