Monday, February 10, 2014

Making cookies :)

C loves helping in the kitchen - he loves to lean over and sniff the pot when something is on the stove, and he especially loves making cookies! And eating the batter. :) And checking them out in the oven when I turn the light on. My sister R was here this weekend and she took a few photos of our fun!

Wearing Daddy's apron - I'm working on making him his own!



He kept sticking his tongue out and giggling!


Hurry up Mom! I'm hungry!

These cookies were made using sunbutter - a peanut butter substitute. Honey, not sugar was used as the sweetener and they are delicious! We've already made them 4 times, and C gets very excited when he sees the cookie jar on the counter! :) I used the recipe from the Against All Grain cookbook, but here is a similar recipe on the author's website). Mine were plain since I can't eat chocolate. And yes, as mentioned on the site - my cookies did have a bit of green in the middle due to the sunbutter and baking soda, haha. I think I'll omit the lemon juice entirely next month for St. Patrick's Day. :-D

Happy Monday!






5 comments:

  1. Fun! I cannot get over how much he has grown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Sounds like a lot of fun. Toddlers helping out in the kitchen are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are adorable! And those cookies sound delicious! Perfect for St. Patty's day, as you said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH! ADORABLE!!!!! How sweet is C?!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had a blast! Love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...