Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween recap

For the second year in a row, C was a bumblebee. He liked it, I liked it (it was a hand-me-down so I love the free part even more) so we had a winner. He wore it all day - we went to visit my Grandma in the morning so she could see the kids in their costumes - and took his nap in it and wanted to wear it to bed.

I wasn't planning to take C trick-or-treating - DH was out of town, and my sister R and her almost-fiance B were here to help with the kids and pass out treats. So, C was dressed in his costume and eating dinner and snacks, and at one point during the evening said with much excitement after one group of kids came by that he wanted to go trick-or-treating! He needed his shoes!" Find shoes! Put shoes on! Go trick-or-treating!" My sis said they would be fine if I wanted to take him to a few houses, so off we went!

We went across the street to the sweet older couple (one of the neighbors thinks they are in their 90s - I think maybe mid-late 80s) who had set up some folding chairs in their garage with a big box of treats between them. It was raining outside, and we still got a pretty good turnout. Maybe 30ish kids or more? I forgot to count. (We usually had in the single digits in VA, and some years none at all.) Anyway, back to trick-or-treating. We headed out, and C happily went across the street with his pumpkin in hand. He was so excited; it was very cute! I hadn't officially met the neighbors yet, but they were happy to see us and the woman said she and her husband had planned to stop over when there was a lull to introduce themselves. We chatted for a few minutes and C received 2 bags of chips. After we turned around to leave, C saw some other kids headed to our front door. He headed straight back home yelling "I trick-or-treated!!! I trick-or-treated!!!!" He didn't seem at all interested in going anywhere else, so we just stayed at the house where he ate his 2 bags of chips, and a short while later went to bed.
Happy as a clam with his chips!
Meanwhile, G hung out in her flower costume and smiled, and eventually just hung out in her bumbo. She is such a good baby!



And as I'm typing this, C wanted to come sit with me so he's on my lap, and after seeing the
photos, told me that when R and B came over, he ate hummus. Yup, that was one of the snacks. Oh, the things he remembers! :)

Hope you all had a nice Halloween! Can you believe it's November??



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...