Monday, November 3, 2014

Conversations (3)

Apparently I am terrible at leaving drafts unpublished. I found this one from way back in the fall - hence the Jack-o-Lantern song!... it still makes me smile. :)

C during breakfast:
"I go for a walk.
I find a stick.
I play the cello."

Lately he's been pausing after he finds said stick to sit somewhere while I sing the Jack-o-Lantern song and he plays the air cello.

Yes, definitely the son of a musician! :)

Me to C while feeding G -
Me: C, will you go get G's blue chair for me downstairs?
(DH and I read in one of our books that kids need to take a moment to process things before they can respond, so I waited patiently until I saw his face light up that he understood.
C turned around to head downstairs then he turned back and said "Pleeeeease?" (as a reminder to me to say please!)
Me: Yes, sorry, please!!


C: Bong, bong, bong, bong
Me: Are you a clock?
C: Bong, bong, bong, bong.... good grief!! (And then I think he said something about "o'clock".)
I couldn't figure out for the life of me where he got that... until I was reading a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and it's in part of the book. Oh, the things they focus on!


C: (looking at one of those black and white picture book for babies) Baby Hedgehog!
Me: What did you say?
C: Baby hedgehog!!
Me: thinking for a minute... oh my goodness! The velcro fastener! He has a touch-and-feel baby animal book and the last page is a baby hedgehog... you guessed it, it feels like a piece of velcro!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...