Friday, May 27, 2011

4 years married! :)

Yesterday DH and I celebrated our fourth anniversary - yay! Despite the pain of IF, they have been the best four years of my life. I am so blessed to be married to this wonderful man!!!

We're going out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate, but last night I made a delicious salmon dish that I mentioned in a previous post. It was a new recipe and can be found here. I made some alterations - I didn't have the agave nectar (and after some recent blog posts was hesitant to try this sugar "alternate" so I used pure maple syrup. Still a sugar... but... it was our anniversary. ;) I also did not use the capers. 1) I didn't have any on hand, haha. 2) I thought about adding green olives, but changed my mind while making it. It. was. fabulous. Definitely a nice presentation too - I used our china and served the salmon in soup bowls with the salsa on top. I'll have to keep it in mind when we have company. (Or when one of you want to come over for dinner!! :) ) For dessert.... seriously, the stuff is sinful... creme caramel. So delicious, and also so easy to make. I always have the ingredients on hand for that. It's from Coo.king Light but the recipe in my book is smaller than this one. If you want the one I used, let me know! I used 6 ramekins. And, I used extra strength vanilla from Pen.zey's rather than the vanilla bean.

I should have taken pictures... but everything was gobbled up quickly! :)

My parents are coming to visit for the weekend, and my sister is moving in with us for a month starting tonight. It will be a full - and fun - house this weekend. :)

Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! The creme caramel dessert sounds divine! Yum! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! The salmon recipe sounds wonderful and healthy. I'm going to check it out and avoid looking at the dessert one as I'm sure it has sugar, dairy, and all those yummy things I can't eat at the moment. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I might have to try those yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. So fun that we share the same anniversary. I am just 6 years ahead of you! Ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and what you made sounds AMAZING!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Anniversary Wishes to both of you! We celebrated our 3rd Anniversary on the same day :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...