Friday, May 20, 2011

7 Quick Takes

1) I have no idea where this month is going. :) So, so, so busy with recitals, competitions, preparations for recitals and competitions, a group class, playing for masses at church. Whew. June 7th is the day all of "that" will end. We're traveling to visit family after that for a week - Hubby is working out of town in the town where his parents & brother live. Yay! Looking forward to that!!!

2) Just made some blueberry scones using my GF flour... they're still kind of warm, and not quite as "crunchy" as I would like... so I might be out looking for another recipe. Mmmmm... scones and tea. :)

3) Speaking of recipes, I need some new ones. With so many fresh fruits and veggies available, I get itching to try new combinations. :) I spent some time this morning looking up clips from Gi.ada at Ho.me... I love her recipes!! I found some great ones for salmon, and some yummy breakfast treats. Can't wait to try them!

4) I need to finish cleaning my house. (And here I am blogging!)

5) Got some fabric to make some new pillows for our sofa in the living room. If I have time next week, I may try to get those done. I don't have a pattern for one of them, but I have an idea in my head... we'll see how it turns out! Jo.Ann's was having a good sale on home decorator fabric.

6) I have been obsessed with decorating blogs as of late. :-D I saw some really cute homemade cards on one site and ended up with several trips to Mi.chael's in the past 2 weeks to get supplies. (Of course, with coupons and sales.) I've been bad about mailing friends/family birthday cards lately... maybe this will jump-start things again. I love stationary, stickers, pretty paper, and I found this really great stuff called Japan.ese wash.i tape online. How cool is masking tape with beautiful patterns? (There are several ladies who sell it on Etsy - just do a search). :)

7) Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!!!! How I love Fridays!! I remembered (finally!) to defrost the homemade pizza dough for pizza tonight. I've been making it with basil, and 4 kinds of cheese - provolone, fresh mozzarella, fresh grated parmesan and a pre-shredded pizza blend. I bake the crust beforehand so it doesn't stay gooey (GF pizza doughs seem to do this more), and before I bake that I throw on some olive oil and onion & garlic powder. It is soooo yummy. It's better than the gluten pizza I used to make! Also, I don't have lessons on Fridays and it's a great way to get the house in shape for the weekend. (See #4). Despite by best efforts with the 40 bags, I find I still have clutter in the house and it is so much easier to enjoy the weekend with Hubby if I'm not staring at stuff that needs to be put away or organized. So... I better get crackin!

Happy weekend, everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...