Friday, December 2, 2011

Quick Takes (UPDATED with Recipe!)

The Christmas Cookie edition.

So the kitchen is a disaster area for the umpteenth time this week because of the following. In no particular order....

1) Anise cookies (these are little flat cookies that are delicious! A family tradition and one of my most favorites)

2) Pizzelles

3) Peanut Butter balls

4) Almond butter balls (same recipe as number 3, but since my sister is allergic to peanuts, I thought I'd try an almond variety)

(*Note - the chocolate on #3 and #4 is hardening around me as I write. I think there are about 6 dozen total!)

5) Pecan tassies (yummy - with a cream cheese crust)

6) Cream Cheese Dreams

7) Pecan snowballs

8) Old-fashioned sugar cookies (These delicious things pretty much melt in your mouth. A college friend's recipe. Yum!)

I have a few more to make - Raspberry Stripes, "S" cookies (your basic buttery spritz cookie, but my Granny always made them in the shape of S's), , Thumbprints and Sugar cookie cut-outs. Oh, and Peppermint bark! Then I'm done!

I could really use a nice mug of tea right now and any of the above... but I'll refrain. For a little bit. A very little bit.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Here's the recipe, Lisa!
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups Flour
Extra granulated sugar for dipping

Cream Butter & Sugars. Add eggs & Vanilla. Mix dry ingredients, and add to wet. (It says to sift the dry ingredients but I never do!)
Roll tsp. of dough into a ball, then in granulated sugar. Press down on greased cookie sheet with glass dipped in sugar.

Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 until light golden brown.

Enjoy!! :)
(ps - they are really good with a nice cup of tea!)

10 comments:

  1. Those all sound so yummy! Especially the peanut butter balls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! I'm sort of in the baking mood, but I just can't let myself do it. Because I am the person that will sample WAY too many of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally jealous of your baking skillz! I can cook, but baking doesn't pan out so well for me. Maybe I need better recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you post that sugar cookie recipe?? Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been a busy woman! So far, I have just made peppermint meringues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ummm... yumm!

    And... I just gave you a Liebster Award. Not really sure what it is... but now it's yours. Check out my blog for details. :) And no pressure to pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum!!! Thank you for the recipe!!! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, you've been busy!!! It all sounds sooooo good! I can only imagine what your house smelled like!!! Enjoy (at least) one of each of these cookies for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These all sound (and probably taste) amazing! Like JB says ... my mouth is watering!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...