Wednesday, September 4, 2013

HWFD - 2 fabulous GF desserts!

I recently made 2 desserts which were super tasty!

The first is an adaptation from Sarah Fragoso's berry cobbler in her Everyday Paleo cookbook, but also found on her website here. She recommended using peaches as an alternate, and I had a bunch of fresh peaches from the farmers market sitting on my counter. I can't eat peaches raw - they make my mouth itchy, but I can eat them cooked. (Same thing with raw apples and carrots.)

Here's the berry version photo:


Here's the recipe, made with peaches:

Peach Cobbler
4 peaches, sliced
1-2 tablespoons raw honey
1 1/2 cup almond flour (I use Honeyville)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 egg
2 tablespoons cinnamon (I didn't measure the cinnamon, just shook a bunch on - I think it was closer to 1 T)
Coconut milk - a few tablespoons per serving

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place sliced peaches in a baking dish (I used a 9 x 7) and drizzle with honey.
In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, coconut oil, egg and cinnamon and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches.
Bake for 35 minutes.

Serve warm, drizzled with coconut milk. YUM!! We went to a 50th wedding anniversary celebration last weekend and the cupcakes looked delicious but of course I couldn't have them. I made this later that night and it totally satisfied my sweet craving! :)

The second recipe I found through Everyday Paleo and pinned a while back. I made it for our July blogger meet-up and made it again this past weekend for a cookout.

Paleo Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Coconut Cream Glaze

 
It's as tasty as it looks!!




Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. These look yummy! I am going to try the pumpkin cake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! Let me know how it turns out! :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! Thanks for sharing. We are doing well on the GF diet. Easier than we thought. If you have any ideas for simple lunches, I would love to pass them along to Katie. That seems to be the hardest time of day for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! Going to have to make that bundt cake since Isaac loves anything pumpkin!! We made that peach cobbler almost every night last summer when we were getting a fruit CSA from our farmer and had neverending peaches. Then my mom tested sensitive to peaches, haha! Luckily taking a couple months off made it all better and she can have them again :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipes! Can't wait to try them. Just found your blog. It's adorable and so is your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...