Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Welcome Home Wednesdays: Fall Mantel



We're finally getting some "fall-ish" temperatures around here and I am so happy to put away summer decorations! Our mantel downstairs is the only thing that really changed from last year - here it is!


I don't remember the source of the fall printable - but there are loads of free ones available. If you really like this one, let me know and I can email it to you! :)


I was stuck figuring out what to put in the large space, until my husband suggested the eagle cross-stitch I made for him a few years ago and had framed at Michaels. I love using things I already have!


The "Thankful" banner came from a few inspirations - Etsy and this banner that you can print for free here. I was originally going to print the triangle shaped banner but had the leaves from Crate and Barrel. I ended up making my own "square letters" on cream card stock, then glued them to brown wrapping paper and attached them to the leaves. I used kitchen twine to hang it. I really like the way it turned out!



 
close up
 
Love this. A gift from my hubby's good friend & his wife.
Mini pumpkins and berries from Pottery Barn a few years ago. I have them in several locations.

Little helper realized he too could climb on top of the foot locker 
after watching Mama try to get better angles for photos. :)


Have you started decorating for fall yet?




3 comments:

  1. Looks so festive. Ha, gotta love it when they imitate mom. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! I still have my easter welcome sign in my entry way...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I gotta try and decorate for fall soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...