Monday, September 16, 2013

HWFD: Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with Prosciutto & Figs


I apologize first for not having a photo of this recipe! We finished the leftovers before I thought to snap one. Oops. It was delicious though!

The original recipe from my Cooking Light Superfast Supper Cookbook calls for fig preserves (which are usually hard to find anyway) and chicken. I adapted it for a pork recipe because that was what I could get at the farmers market last week. The farm I buy all our meat from was selling the figs too. Yum!!

Ingredients:
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt - for sprinkling on the tenderloin
8 slices (about 1/4 pound each, maybe a little more) pork tenderloin (chops would probably work well too!)
1 1/2 cups figs (roughly)
1 package (4 oz) prosciutto - I used Applegate Farms
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. water

Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Lightly season pork with salt on both sides, then add to pan. I made sure the pan was warm before I added the pork so I could sear the sides. I did have to layer and rotate the pork since I made 8 slices, but it seared quickly. While the pork (or chicken if you like) sears, dice up your prosciutto and chop the figs. After your pork has seared on both sides, turn the heat down to low and add the prosciutto, figs, balsamic vinegar and water. I had mine on really low because I was teaching a lesson during the cooking time so it was on the stove about 30 minutes. It was really tender and the prosciutto and figs with the balsamic was a great combination.

I served the pork with a nice big salad - spinach and cucumbers from the farmers market. Delicious!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yum! My cooking has gotten so boring lately. Between the no-nightshades, no dairy, and no gluten, I'm just so tired of coming up with interesting dinners. This looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great! I think I made something like that before and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound good! I bet bacon would work too...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...