Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year! (and some Christmas photos)

Happy New Year, friends! :) I hope you all enjoyed ringing in the New Year... last week. I'm still in the octave, so it counts, right?

First the fun stuff- photos :)
Attempt at using 50mm lens to get great Bokeh shot. Wiggling 20 mo-old. Riiiight.



What he wanted to be doing instead of opening presents. :) Ah, my little Beethoven.
I have no idea what he was opening here, but the face is priceless!
Auntie R kept him going with frequent tickles!
Bokeh attempt with still subjects. My sweet niece M and sister M.
Did I mention he's 20 months? This was AFTER our "Midnight" Mass AT 7... still past bedtime.
Thanks Auntie R for getting him to smile!
With my Grandma- this makes me misty-eyed. She is AMAZING... and we were so blessed to celebrate another Christmas with her. She gave us all a pretty good scare a few weeks before ending up in the hospital with pneumonia.
And now for 2014!

I'm still working on my goals, but I do want to eventually post them all here. I'm such a list person, are you? If I don't write it down (either here or on my phone or on paper), it gets forgotten. I do like lists all those places, but I still prefer handwritten ones. I get to use pretty colored pens. :) But, here you can hold me accountable, right? These are in no particular order.

 1) Read one book per month. I have oodles to read that I OWN, so I don't need to venture farther than one of our bookshelves.

A few I've started that I want to finish:

  • God and Ronald Reagan, A Spiritual Life - Paul Kengor (a former, and my favorite undergrad professor) -- actual physical book
  • the Unwired Mom - Sarah Mae (kindle)
  • Desperate - Sarah Mae & Sally Clarkson (kindle)
  • Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids - Dr. Laura Markham (kindle) - I'm still previewing as I just found her ahaParenting website - I'm sure there are tips I can use!
  • The Joyful Child, Montessori, Global Wisdom from Birth to Three - Susan Stephenson (kindle)
  • How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way - Tim Seldon (actual physical book!)

I need to add a few "professional" books to my list, again ones I already own.

2) Less time online. (See above books!) I'm working on my weekly schedule, because I do love reading blogs in my "downtime"... but it needs to be managed more carefully. Hence the reason I took the Advent break.

3) I have 22 blog post drafts. Finish them or delete them already! :) And one of those will be a reflection on my Advent break!

4) Go to bed early so I can get up before C in order to get my morning prayer done BEFORE he wakes up. This is so crucial to my being a better mother. If I got as much sleep as C (12-13 hours each night) maybe I would actually have the energy he does, haha! :-D

5) Manual Mode on my Camera. Time to start practicing and stop expecting the "perfect" shot immediately.

6) Finish some personal projects. These include one more quilt using all my leftover fabric, and finishing our FamilyBook albums (I have 3 years, including 2013 now to do) and C's baby book.

Did you make resolutions? Feel free to share in the comments! :)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos! Can't believe he is 20 months already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I should really make a few resolutions or goals more specifically. I have some vague ideas, but haven't really solidified them.... Which means that nothing will happen unless I get a little more serious. Looks like your holidays were a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...