Friday, January 24, 2014

HWFD: Breakfast! Italian Baked Eggs


My new favorite breakfast is this delicious recipe! It's grain-free and dairy free for those of you who need it! You can follow the recipe as linked to above, or you can adapt it if you want a larger amount for a bigger family or if you want leftovers.

Against All Grain - Recipe here!

I adapted it so that I could have easy leftovers - I just reheat my portion (and C's) on a plate in the toaster oven each morning. :)

Adaptation notes:
I used 1 pound of hot italian sausage - cooked first, then crumbled in a 9x13 pan.
I used kale instead of spinach because that's what I had from the farmer's market. I cut it into small pieces and spread it in a thin layer. (I say "thin" but kale is puffy - I figured I used about 2 squished handfuls.)
The first time I made it, I used 2 heirloom tomatoes, but the second time, I used canned diced tomatoes, spread in a thin layer.
I doubled the amount of the "cheese" sauce - yes, it really does make it taste cheesy!! Amazing! :)
I used about a dozen eggs, broken on top of the other ingredients, yokes intact.

I baked it at 350 for 25-30 minutes. My yokes were a little more well-done than I would have liked, but I wanted the whites fully cooked. Next time I think 20-25 minutes will be sufficient.

Have a great weekend, friends! Let me know if this makes it to your Sunday brunch! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...