Friday, March 9, 2012

HWFD?: Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Cherry Sauce


Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Cherry Sauce
(or How-to-have-your-Honey-ask-"Honey-What's-for-dinner?"-with-great-enthusiam :) )

It's from this cookbook.

1 Tbsp EVOO
1 1/2 lb Pork tenderloin
Salt & pepper - to taste
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup unsweetened cherries (I've used cranberries too - they're also delicious!)
1 sprig rosemary (I've only used dried - I used between 1/4 and 1/2 tsp in the photo below)
1 head cauliflower

Heat the oil in a saute pan, season pork with salt & pepper and sear on both sides for about 5-8 minutes or until browned. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for another 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally.

I didn't follow my own advice and make enough for 2 meals. Oops! But we had a tons of cherries!!

I serve this over mashed cauliflower. I buy a head of cauliflower, chop it up and boil or steam it (I've done it both ways) until tender, then mash it with a potato masher.

This is super easy, super yummy and makes your house smell fabulous!! :)

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. yum! might have to bookmark this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delicious. I love cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm pork and fruit together is fabulous! So are potatoes a no no with GF? Just curious since you did mashed cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, potatoes are fine with GF. This recipe is a Paleo one - Paleo is fine with potatoes and sweet potatoes, but they are recommended after you've lost your desired amount of weight. Once you do, they're back on the menu if you maintain a very active lifetstyle. Sweet potatoes are often recommended as post-workout nutrition... that's how I understand it anyway! :) This recipe just has the mashed cauliflower as the side and it's so good I never changed it.

      Delete
    2. Thank goodness! I don't think I am quite ready for Paleo, but incorporating less gluten makes me feel so much better. I'm glad to know I can keep eating my taters!

      Delete
  4. This sounds great, love the mashed cauliflower reminder! Also good for candida diets. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...