Wednesday, December 26, 2012

To all those still waiting...


For those of you who are still experiencing your season of waiting...


As I sat at Mass this past weekend and at Christmas Eve and Christmas Day masses, I couldn't help but think of the years I spent continuing to wait for my prayers to be answered. Prayers for a husband, and then for a child. I have not forgotten that pain, nor at times the confusion of wondering what I wasn't doing in order for those prayers to be answered. But I also thought of the ways that God made me a better person for the waiting.... more patient, more compassionate, more grateful for the blessings I do have. It wasn't easy. There were times I was tempted to give up. But God is faithful. He does answer prayers, according to his timing and in that process, he works to make us more like Him.

Blessings to you all still waiting.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...