Wednesday, February 11, 2015

HWFD: 21DSD - Week 3 Meals: 21 Day Sugar Detox

Yay! It's week 3! I am counting. down. the. days.

DH & realized that our last non-21DSD meal was actually lunch on Saturday the 24th (we grilled pizza), and that our dinner had complied with it, so lunch on Valentine's day is officially our last meal on the 21DSD. So excited. I am SO looking forward to this fabulous dessert: 

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

C has also requested popcorn as we've been reading Tomie dePaola's The Popcorn Book a ton this week. And we have gouda cheese and GF crackers for an appetizer. So yes, we are all looking forward to Saturday night!

And now, back to reality this week. :)

Week 3 Meals

Breakfasts:
Sausage Frittata, same as weeks 1 and 2. I just love it.
Eggs and sausage grillers and whatever leftovers can be thrown in with them, like veggies!

Sunday
Tilapia with Asparagus & salad
I baked each piece of tilapia in parchment paper, sprinkled with paprika, salt, pepper, garlic, onion & chives and drizzled it with olive oil. Yum! 

Monday
Spaghetti with meat sauce
I make my own sauce using half hot italian sausage and half ground beef (this time I used an extra pound of ground beef, so 3 pounds of meat total. We like meat. :)) I throw in 1 can of diced tomatoes flavored with basil, garlic & oregano, and a can of tomato puree, onions, and a bunch of seasonings - salt, pepper, basil, garlic (fresh), oregano. I use spaghetti squash for the "noodles." 

Tuesday
Asian-style meatballs and cabbage slaw from the 21DSD cookbook
These meatballs were super yummy and made with ground pork. I made a double batch so we'd have lunch the next day, so I'm glad they turned out to be a thumbs up meal! DH & I agreed that the meatballs on their own would be a really good appetizer for a party!

Wednesday
Sausage grillers and a salad
I had chicken planned but we were out most of the morning and early afternoon, and it wasn't defrosted, plus I had choir rehearsal, so I threw this one together at the last minute.

Thursday
Chicken Thai Pad See Ew
I will have to omit the coconut sugar. I'm going to add some ginger instead! :)
Against All Grain, recipe here 

Friday
Salmon with creamy dill sauce 
from the second Against All Grain, Meals Made Simple

Saturday
End of 21DSD!!!! Woo-hoo!! We decided to grill our pizza - perfect for Valentine's day. :) And I. cannot. wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...