Friday, February 6, 2015

HWFD: Week 2 - 21 Day Sugar Detox

Happy Friday, everyone! I don't know where this week went; I meant to post my menu for this week at the beginning of the week. In any case, here is what we ate this week!

Breakfasts
Eggs and sausage griller links at the beginning of the week and the same Sausage Egg Frittata as last week.

Sunday
Beef Stuffed Peppers - recipe here
These were good although a bit on the bland side. I like making mine with a mix of italian sausage and ground beef to spice it up a bit.

Monday
Pumpkin Spice Pork with Butternut Squash
I did a much easier version of this recipe. But the linked one is excellent; I've mentioned it before!

Tuesday
Creamy Dill Salmon with Asparagus (Against All Grain, Meals Made Simple)
This was good... but I honestly prefer pan-seared salmon so I might make it that way instead of baking the salmon in the oven.

Wednesday
Curried Short Ribs - recipe here
My husband is a big fan of curry.... I never tried it until I met him. I love this recipe! Instead of making it with ribs, I made it with beef chuck roasts. The ribs are excellent, but I wanted something that was easier to deal with since it was a week night and I had choir rehearsal. It sits in the crock pot all day and I made the sauce Tuesday night so there was minimal cleanup Wednesday morning.

Thursday
Chicken Fajitas
Super easy - I used my own fajita seasoning that I made a bunch of a few weeks ago. I just cooked the chicken along with a few tablespoons of water and the seasoning, then added a green pepper, a yellow pepper and an onion. No wrap this time, but I will definitely add one next time and add some kind of cheese! :) I love this recipe for our wraps! The trick is making them thin enough - rotating the pan so the batter can spread is the trick.

Friday
Well, it is Friday and I realized I don't have the yellow squash for the noodles for our Pepperoni Pizza Pasta. Ack!! :) I might make it tomorrow night, but we actually have a ton of leftovers this week so I might not need to. So - leftovers tonight! Minimal kitchen clean-up. Win.


Some thoughts on week 2...
I'm still craving sweet stuff, though not as much as before. I am really enjoying my snack of an apple and almond butter. I've also realized that my snacks are also more of the crunchy carb variety - I love plantain chips - those are my favorite. :) And even though I crave the sweet stuff, it's more that I miss honey in my tea and berries and other sweeter fruits. I'm not quite as hungry as last week but I'm still looking for snacks in the afternoon. I've definitely eaten too many nuts! I'm looking forward to adding the raw milk cheddar back into my afternoon snack! I may stick with the apple most days though. Rather spontaneously I made the pumpkin pancakes from the 21DSD book for brunch last Sunday. Meh. Not much flavor and I love maple syrup. And butter. Can't wait for that again, haha.

Hope you all have a great weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check out several of the meals. Sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...