Monday, January 28, 2013

HWFD? Asparagus Soup with Poached Eggs


My family used to have asparagus frequently while growing up as my parents had a pretty substantial patch of it in our garden. YUM!!! :) I love it in so many ways, but this was my first try at featuring it in a soup!

I found the recipe in one of the Williams Sonoma catalogs that I receive. I do not have a soup maker blender, nor do I think it's necessary. :) A large stockpot will work just fine. I used a 4 quart stock pot -  and my immersion blender - they worked beautifully. You could also ladle the soup into a regular blender if you have that. I do like the immersion blender because you can really blend to the texture you want - I left mine a little chunky.


Click on source at the bottom of the photo to get the recipe! :)


Oh, and I've made the leftovers for breakfast a few times - who doesn't like to wake up to yumminess? :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, YUM! But how do you get your egg not to cook on top? Isn't a poached egg dumped in a pot of simmering water?
    (and I can't stand the way asparagus makes my pee smell! I tend to avoid it - but it does taste delish!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, poach the eggs separately in boiling water, then place on top of the soup. :)
      I can't say I've ever noticed that.... but maybe I will later, haha! :-D

      Delete
  2. That look so good. That just may be the first course for this Sunday's family dinner. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...