Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Recovery...

This will be a short post - I'm finding that I'm more fatigued than anything else these days. I'm only taking 400 mg of the Motrin, every 6 hours, and the pain is quite manageable. I use an ice pack occasionally on the big incision, which helps too. Part of that area is somewhat numb, which I think is also helping with the pain! :)
More than anything, I'm just tired. I started teaching a little yesterday (I teach piano from home, so I'm pretty stationary) and today, which went well, but I am so pooped after just 2 lessons! :) I haven't been sleeping all that well - for a few days I was only getting up once or twice, but last night I was up every hour and a half-ish, which, when I don't fall back to sleep easily, leads to a pretty restless night. I took a nap today, and I couldn't fall asleep for close to an hour. I also keep feeling like I need to use the restroom and I really don't!! So weird. Not to mention feeling really cold, and then really hot! (Hot flashes at 33? What the ??) Anyway, I am really happy to be off the major pain meds, and aside from the fatigue, I feel pretty good. My appetite has definitely returned too! For the first few days the only thing I could really stomach was chicken broth and saltine (GF!) crackers.

Again, thank you all for your prayers. Please keep em' coming!! :-D

ps: The second surgery on Friday went really well. I woke up and felt like crap for about 1/2 an hour because my lower back was killing me! In fact, when I finally got to the room in the outpatient section where family can visit, the nurse came in, asked how I was doing, and I told her my back hurt, she said "I didn't expect to hear that!" I wasn't there much more than an hour, before we were able to leave for the hotel. I ate some eggs and applesauce - I was hungry - but my stomach had definitely shrunk; and watched an episode of Dukes of Hazzard! I loved that show growing up! :) We stayed in the hotel overnight and headed home on Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, I know how awful hot flashes can be! I'm praying for you! Hot flashes, be gone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, zap them away!! :) Fortunately it was only a night or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it went so well, sorry your big surgery was so long! Hope you are recovery well. Where did you say you got the surgery done? I missed that part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hebrews - With Dr. S in PA. :) I'm feeling pretty good - still really tired, but the pain is pretty much gone. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good! Glad to hear it. I hope it yields good thinks in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...