Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WHW: Spice Cabinet Organization


It has been ages since I did a Welcome Home Wednesday post!

One of the things I love about our new home is the prior owner's efficient use of space when they remodeled the kitchen. In our townhome, when we remodeled our kitchen one of the things I loved most was our spice rack mounted on the upper cabinet door next to the stove.

I was so excited to have this spice rack to store my spices, but it has been hard to see the labels when I open the cabinet.

Yes, I have a ton of spices. I use almost all of them. There are a few freebies I don't use on a regular basis but I've been attempting to use them more often just to see if I like how they flavor a dish.

I hesitated to buy these at Staples because they were so darn pricey! I looked a few pre-printed ones on Amazon, but knew I would prefer to have things match (I might be a little OCD, haha.) Anyway, I never thought to look for these ones on Amazon, but I searched and found they were much cheaper than the ones at Staples and came 36 to a pack instead of 12! Sold.

It's the little things! :)

7 comments:

  1. We have a ton of spices too. I used some labels from Staples for ours as well and they hold up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! :) We have a lazy susan we keep spices on, so it spins around to find them all. Though I like your little cabinet - just the right size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I need to do something like this because out of all my cabinets, the spice cabinet is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate my spice storage mess. Some day when we have the budget, that project is on my list

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVVVVVE Penzey's spices!! My parents have all theirs in a big drawer and have top labels just like you! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the neatest thing!! I'll have to recommend that to clients (I sell Kitchens) -- SUCH a difference to see what things are!
    And yes - I'm OCD like that too - in making the labels match. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...