Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The latest update...

Scan 10 coming up tomorrow...

Dr. S confirmed that the first follicle developed into an LUF. He sent me a terrific email saying that the second follicle is at a mature size and is showing the slowing down growth rate typical before ovulation. (Go 2nd follicle, Go!!)

He also said that LUFS is typically diagnosed in an unstimulated cycle. (I've been taking Femara for a while and did on CD3). He said it's possible to occur in a treatment cycle (which may mean new treatments for the next cycle). And, it's not terribly uncommon to see several follicles develop, one with normal rupture and the other proceeding to LUF.

I'm breathing a little easier. And, I'm REALLY hoping the second one is our girl!! Go follicle!

Thank you all for your comments, encouragement and prayers... for me AND my follicles. :-D

11 comments:

  1. Come on, 2nd follie!! And thank goodness for great doctors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know that your doctor links the LUF to the Femara. Let's go 2nd follicle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go follicle go!!!

    This may sound dumb, but seeing as I just started Clomid, how do you know you have a LUF? Dr. D hasn't ordered any pre-ovulatory ultrasounds and I'm wondering how you tell if you've developed one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they see it on the scan - that it didn't rupture. Also, the scan didn't reveal any fluid, which tells Dr S. that it did actually rupture. I think you can only tell with the series of scans - and in an unmedicated cycle. That's what Dr. S said anyway.

      Delete
  4. Go second follicle!!

    Wow, this is one heck of an ultrasound series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew...there's still hope for this cycle...yay! Go 2nd follie go...and you, Isaiah, keep busy tonight;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember St. Rita's Roses? She thought she had a LUF and now she's about to have a baby....

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on 2nd follie!! I'm a bit confused- can femara cause LUF? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH! Go 2nd follie! Praying that this is IT!
    When I took Fe.mara, I had 2 or 3 LUF cycles. Without P+4 Ultrasounds (I only had them with Fem.ara), I could have had a LUF before and didn't know it. Not sure if the drug makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...