Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 13: My Godmother


Today is my aunt's --- my Godmother's -- birthday. She is such a wonderful woman. She's always been a second mom to me. A favorite Christmas tradition with her was when she made peanut butter balls. She would invite my sisters and me over to help her dip them... it took a few hours, but we'd order pizza, have snacks, and enjoy dipping those little morsels of delight and usually a hockey game, or a Christmas movie would round out the night. She's a big hockey fan, just like me, and I always loved hearing her stories of the old-time players! She's also been a great example in the faith. I pray I can be as good of an aunt to my nieces or nephews that come along as she is to me!




1 comment:

  1. Mmm...what is a peanut butter ball?!?! Recipe?!?!

    Hockey and pizza and baking sounds like a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...