Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 17: The Kindness of Strangers


Well - not complete strangers. These people see me at mass each day, although I don't know their names.

This morning... after C was done with his bottle (almost done - he was pretty much pushing it away), I set it beside me, where he kicked it... and it shattered on the floor. During the consecration. Sheesh. I looked at it in horror, and a woman across the aisle jumped up, told me not to move, and went and got towels and a box to clean up the mess. After mass was over, one of the gentlemen who helps set up for mass got a broom to sweep up the slivers and a mop to catch anything else left over. All I had to do was continue to take care of baby C. Aside from that incident, we were able to stay in the church for the entire mass without him exploring vocal prayer. :)

4 comments:

  1. How awesome to have people around, like that, who don't even think twice about helping out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing when I took the kids out to lunch the other day. It shattered all over the tile floor and an older lady and a worker came right up, told me not to worry about it and cleaned it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the others reacted! So helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...