Friday, November 9, 2012

Days 8 & 9: My Mom & Dad


I couldn't figure out who to put first for days 8 and 9, so here's the combination. My parents. 


My mom is a SAHM. She was always available when I came home from school and had a bad day. She drove me to piano lessons and recitals and band and choir rehearsals and Tae Kwon Do classes. Never missed a concert. Attended as many football games as she could. She was a "band parent." She was there for my black belt test. She was there when I was sick - for doctors appointments and all 5 of my surgeries. I don't know what I'd do without her. She's the most generous and amazing woman I know.

Father-Daughter Dance

I've always been a Daddy's girl. I knew the only time I would cry at my wedding was the dance with my Dad. I was right... Growing up, I remember waiting excitedly at the window when my Dad would come home from work. My sister S and I would jump on the bay window seat in the living room or in the kitchen. (I think he preferred the kitchen... we left a few marks on the window seat. :)) When I was little, my Dad built a swing set in the backyard for my sister S and me. We have our handprints in the cement. When my 3 youngest sisters were older (M, V & R), my Dad put up a basketball hoop for them... their handprints are in it. He taught me how to drive... backwards first actually. He told me if I got stuck somewhere, I'd be able to drive backwards home! He's funny... goofy a lot of the time and he has a great sense of humor. He loves to tell jokes. He can talk to anyone and everyone. He frequently calls to check in and I love it. I'm the oldest and I'm his "#1".

The only thing better than having them as my parents is C having them for his grandparents.


I am blessed!!


2 comments:

  1. So sweet!!! Your parents sound awesome!!

    Bella is a Daddy's girl too and waits for her Daddy every day. It is so sweet to see the Daddy/Daughter Bond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a "daddy's girl." :-)
    My favorite part of your post, "The only thing better than having them as my parents is C having them for his grandparents." I couldn't agree more! I have the same feelings about Luke & my parents!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...