Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 15: My Sister, S


It's my sister S's birthday today. She and I shared a room growing up which means there was ample opportunity to share secrets, make plans, unite against our parents (haha!), and of course bicker and fight. Even if we weren't getting along, I knew she had my back and I had hers. She was my maid of honor... I couldn't picture anyone else in that role. She's the funniest person I know. When I had my surgeries, she had me laughing to the point where I quite literally thought I was going to pop open my stitches! I admire her tremendously for leaving a career she didn't like, to go back to school and start something new. She's now a post-partum nurse, and is the sister that really lead me to consider adopting. She even "picked" our agency as it was AFTH that I first looked at... even before DH and really began talking about it. She LOVES baby C. She is an awesome aunt!! While on the drive down after we got "the call", she gave me tons of advice. Well, at least for the first 3 days. That's when they send their babies home at the hospital. After 3 days, she said I was on my own. :) And yup, she's the one who gave me the best advice for baby C.... aim down. :) Isn't she beautiful? I LOVE her!!!


2 comments:

  1. The "aim down" advice isn't dispensed at the hospital where we were, that's for sure. :-)
    Your sister is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...