Thursday, March 7, 2013

HWFD? Cherry Tomato Frittata with Corn, Basil & Goat Cheese

This recipe was pictured in an old Williams Sonoma catalog - I had to look up the recipe online. It was worth it though!!! Made it earlier this week for our breakfasts the past few days.

source
I deviated a bit from the instructions because I like baking my frittatas. I just think they're easier that way... maybe that's just me.

I used a 9-inch glass pie pan.

In a small skillet, I cooked the corn (I used 1 cup of frozen corn) in 2 Tbsp. butter. I stirred the remaining ingredients. I used only 4 oz of the goat cheese- that was the size package it came in and I didn't want to buy 2. I saved a bit to sprinkle on top, but since I was baking the eggs uncooked, it kind of sunk in. Oh well. The pepper I saved for last and just sprinkled it on top. (I also used about half the recommended red pepper flakes - it was just enough of a "kick" for me.)

It was SO yummy!!! I think I'll definitely be making this a lot - it's very spring/summery with the grated lemon and fresh basil.

Highly, highly recommend!! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...