Tuesday, March 12, 2013

HWFD? Sausage Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms


For the record, I have NEVER liked mushrooms. Seriously. They are fungus. Gross.

However, I occasionally get brave (at times) to expand my palate. I figured combining something I dislike with things that I do would be a good way to ease into it. I figured if the mushroom was that bad, I could just eat the filling!

Oh, wow. Mouth-watering buttery goodness. I don't know if it was the tarragon (which was a new-to-me spice) but it was hea-ven-ly.

Here they are, piping hot out of the onen.

Here's a photo from Sarah Fragoso's blog - Everyday Paleo, along with the recipe:
source
Are you still reading? Get your ingredients! Your tummy is calling!

Enjoy! :)


ps: For variety, we used the leftovers on our homemade pizza. Yummy on that too!

2 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering...that looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there.

    Just discovered your blog via Catholic Cookie Jar. I read your infertility story and was very moved by your struggles. My husband and I, too, struggled with an infertility of diagnosis and sadly we did not remain faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church. It was...and still is...a painful part of my history, but it was...still is...the cross that brought me back home to the Catholic church. I just recently shared my story about IVF and the Church on my blog a couple of days ago...a 3-part series.

    It is painful (and probably my penance!) for me to read about such young faithful couples who adhere to the teachings of the Church and build their families without turning to IVF, but it is also therapeutic as it gives me hope for the future of our church!!! When my husband and I were walking this road, I had never heard of NaproTechnology...or the Pope Paul VI Institute in Omaha...a mere hop, skip and a jump from Kansas City. *sigh*

    But, everything happens for a reason, and I believe that my story can prevent others from experiencing the pain of separation from God, as well as serve as a testimony about the merciful God we serve and the ability to always "come home."

    Blessings to you,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...